Friday, April 5, 2013

poem #5: mental storms




my mind scatters like dust to the winds
blowing in tumbles
erratically following careless gales
looking for a place to settle down
a homeless wonder
picking up bits of debris
pieces of the love in me
wicked zephyrs 
whip through the thin layer
i'm barely wearing
this aimless walk through
darkened recesses
proves to be lonely
a savage safari of
tangled emotions and thoughts
attempting to choke me out
yet, i am armed
i carry a sword of words
testimonials of cause and effect
the story of "this"
a train of thought
serving as a path beaten 
one step ahead of mine
to keep me from 
getting tangled in grape vines
on this sojourn
so worn
from being torn
my mind is battered
beaten by the weathered trials
bashed against
tender senses
needing to heal
from sticks that stuck
and stones thrown
with perfect aim
for
intended pain
my mind roams 
to far away places
to deal with where i stand
all i want
is to rest
find a place of calming airs
flattened terrain
just right rays of shine
convenient shade 
a soft place to lie
and a piece of mind
peacefully mine
sheltered from the weathered storms
mental storms


© 2008 Kween Kiwi 

3 comments:

Reggie said...

Kween this is beautiful.

Thee_Kween said...

Thanks Reggie...an oldie :)

No Labels said...

You had me at the first line...

in the butterfly net...

i ink...i flow...i pen,
my soul, my words, my zen