Sunday, February 21, 2010

touching





trapped in a thought
hovering between a
suspension of wake
and a place where my mind's wing span
touches heaven
tip to tip

off on a fantastical cliff
overlooking retrospect
reaching out to crystal images
rippled on fluid
seeing what i want
forgetting what i don't
wading in the pleasantry
of before

i'm wrapped in this thought
like cashmere on cold shoulders
feeling snug
sinking into these memories
smiling at yesterday
feeling the sway
closed eyes
opening my spirit
to the panoramic view
of the bigger picture

damn...
why do i keep forgetting to blink?
to refresh my mind's eye
to wipe away the sting
of tired peeps...

i keep drifting on a memory
neglecting to take note
of the current events
it's pull
and the deep dip
approaching in rolling
thunderous
crests of denial

...not that my memories are less true
never happened
or meant much
but...
they do ripple
in distortion
out of sync
and proportion
not sitting flush
with the conclusion
which is...

that i'm touching
on a memory
with no feelings for me
no love for my lulled senses
no care for my frivolity
casting me away
on memories
that will remain such
and numb to me

...i'm touching
on something
grasping
at something
needing it
whatever it is
to be better than
what's waiting
for the minute
i open my eyes
and see
that i haven't touched
anything at all

3 comments:

in the butterfly net...

i ink...i flow...i pen,
my soul, my words, my zen