Wednesday, July 24, 2013

perfectly alone




i can remember
even now
how before we were split
from one soul
into endless pieces
how the kind tone
in your love
gave me eagle wings
placed posture in my stance
gave grace to my dance
and added immeasurable time
to my life span
i haven't forgotten,
the way your praise of me
was full-bodied
outspoken
genuine and far-reaching
your genius my genius
me learning, you teaching
you everything
i wasn't seeking
the first
to ever stretch your hand
past the skin on my breasts
wanting mostly
just to tap on my soul
stoke its fires
and be what i needed
to keep the pyres heated
your valiance
and chivalry
protection and proclamation
given so easily
no thought required
no return desired
so, with all those things
nestled sweetly between
then and now
how is it,
that the source
of these zealous declarations
are trapped off
in painful echoes
in my mind
heart
from your lips
with no thing offered
with no thing sacrificed
with no urgency applied?
how could you love me so,
still...love me so
and leave me
teetering on a pedestal
with no way down
no room for a companion
on this idyllic plateau
of your esteem
and left with
the fear of heights?
what am i to do
with all i remember
and no way to forget
what i once had
deserve
but, cannot seem to touch?
...i want to know
how do i fall from this high place
and in love again?


© 2013 Kween Kiwi 

8 comments:

Reggie said...

I love the way you write. Although sometimes I find your posts depressing, your word choice and your flow always lifts me up.

Thee_Kween said...

lol, thanks Reggie.

Sorry for the depressing posts, but honestly I'm not depressed...just lacking in a little love right now. Glad you can get SOME thing out of it. As usual, your feedback is valued beyond words. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I needed this. "Your genius my genius". Damnit.

_It's me, Ree'

Thee_Kween said...

Thank you love...I needed it too. <3

BE Lauriette said...

*finga snappin*

Thee_Kween said...

Thanks sis! :D

Unknown said...

hello,
i loved this poem. it speaks to me about the torrid mix of emotions surrounding the next phase of a heartfelt relationship and the rawness, i think, and confusion one feels at this time.
beautiful.
thank you.
peter

Thee_Kween said...

Thank you very much Peter...bless your understanding. :)

in the butterfly net...

i ink...i flow...i pen,
my soul, my words, my zen